Our experience tells us that, in many cases, a novice entrepreneur needs some help in understanding the finer points of technology commercialization, and in learning the "language of innovation." The Innovation Readiness Series® is an online, self-paced training covers each of the key challenges in commercialization. At the end of the course, an innovator will be prepared to pitch an innovation in a compelling and persuasive way to potential customers, partners and investors. Online tutorials for each module provide students a rich interface with the in-depth content on each topic in the series. Videos, quizzes, and assignments on real technologies chosen by participants reinforce the content.
The modules cover the following topics:
- An Introduction to Innovation
- Technology description: what are the components required?
- Technology benefits: how to move from features to desired market impact
- Technology development status: where are you in the development continuum?
- Intellectual property: various types of protection and why it important to protect your IP
- Competition: the value and use of a competitive matrix
- Market validation: why and how
- Planning and pitching: preparing your action plan for market entry
- Effective Presentations
Once you have finished the course successfully, a certificate of completion and an eBook of course materials for reference are provided.